Record audio online in Soundation’s audio recorder
Soundation features a complete set of tools to record your voice or instrument and edit it, making it both the most accessible and most comprehensive online sound recorder app.
Rap, sing, talk, play your favorite instrument and make several layers using our audio recorder, then add any of our 16 effects to make them sound professional in no time.
Export and share
When you’re done you can export your recorded file in high quality to use it anywhere or publish it to our online community.
Compatible with all Chrome computers
Recording is accessible in our online DAW since the Soundation studio runs on low-performance computers as well, in fact any computer that runs Chrome. So if you’ve ever wondered how to record audio on Chromebook - here’s your solution!
How to record audio in Soundation
Prepare for recording
- 1Hop into the studio Open Soundation and create a project.
- 2Set Input Source Click on the Settings icon on the sidebar on the right-hand side of the studio.
- 3Select an Audio input Select your microphone or audio interface.
- 4Set Input channel If you're using an interface, make sure to select the channel or channels you want to use.
Notice: When recording audio in Chrome you might have to allow recording not only inside the studio but also in any pop-up from Chrome asking for permission to use your mic or audio interface.
- 1Create an audio channel by clicking “+ Add channel” in the top left corner.
- 2Click on the grey box of the audio channel to highlight it, arming it for recording.
- 3Click on the record icon to start recording.
You can record multiple tracks, and add effects and automation.
If you click on the metronome icon, you will activate a click track to play along to. The click has an accent on the downbeat of 1 and plays at the selected tempo displayed on top of the screen (set to 120 by default).
Exporting audio files
- To export a song to your computer as an audio file, click on the export icon from the sidebar on the right-hand side of the studio.
- You’ll be able to choose your preferred format: LO-RES MP3, HI-RES MP3 or WAV.
- Soundation will process your song and you’ll be able to save it to your computer.
Everyone can have fun with recording and saving MP3 files but to export your recorded tracks in high quality you will need a Starter, Creator or Pro account. Upgrade your account here!